Are you looking to create a delicious and satisfying dinner for the family that’s easy to make? Look no further than this Chicken Tetrazzini recipe from Pioneer Woman. With minimal preparation and simple ingredients, this creamy dish packs in all the flavors your family will love. So grab your ingredients and prepare a fantastic meal that will satisfy everyone at the table.
What is Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini?
This classic dish is made with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce and topped with cheese. The Pioneer Woman adds her twist to the recipe using diced green chilies for extra flavor. It’s then cooked until it’s bubbly and golden brown on top for an incredible dinner, with everyone asking for seconds!
Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini Nutrition Facts
Enjoy a whole serving of 1 cup (246 g) of this delicious dish packed with 20g of protein, providing a well-rounded nutritious meal. With only 11g of total fat and 1.7g of dietary fiber, the word will surely keep you satisfied. Plus, there are only 321 calories in each serving.
Chicken tetrazzini recipe pioneer woman Recipe
Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini Ingredients
- 1 ½ lb thin spaghetti, broken in half
- Four tablespoon butter
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb white mushrooms, quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- One 8-ounce brick cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped black olives
- 1 ½ cups frozen green peas
- Four slices of bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra broth for thinning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
How to Make Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini
- Start by cooking the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta, set it aside, and preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Next, sauté garlic and mushrooms in butter before adding vinegar and simmering until reduced by half. Add flour and stir in broth to thicken the mixture. Finally, mix well with cream cheese, shredded chicken, olives, peas, bacon, Monterey Jack, and Parmesan to the mushrooms mixture.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti until it’s coated with the sauce, and transfer everything to a baking dish. Sprinkle panko breadcrumbs on top and bake for 20 minutes or until it’s bubbling and the crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious and easy chicken and mushroom casserole with your family and friends!
THE MOST EFFECTIVE METHOD TO MAKE PIONEER WOMAN CHICKEN TETRAZZINI
- First, preheat the broiler to 350F. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the mushrooms until they’re tender about 5 minutes.
- As the mushrooms cook, follow the pasta package directions and cook the fettuccine. Remember to save ½ cup of the cooking water! Also, cook and shred the chicken.
- Combine the cooked pasta, pasta water, chicken, condensed cream of chicken soup, mushrooms, and sour cream in a big mixing bowl. Make sure it’s all blended nicely.
- Now, grab a 9×13-inch casserole dish and grease it with non-stick spray. Add the pasta mix and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Finally, bake it in the oven for 30 minutes or until it’s hot and bubbly.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PIONEER WOMAN CHICKEN TETRAZZINI?
Looking for some delightful additions to serve with Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini? Here are some scrumptious suggestions to elevate your dining experience:
- Serve a crisp green salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a light vinaigrette dressing to complement the dish’s richness and refresh the crunch.
- For those who love a good dip, grab some crusty bread to soak up the mouth-watering sauce of the Chicken Tetrazzini. A warm baguette or garlic bread would be a perfect choice.
- Take your meal to the next level by adding roasted vegetables like asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or broccoli to bring in freshness, colors, and flavors.
- Remember the garnish! Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley over the Chicken Tetrazzini to add freshness and brighten its presentation.
- If you’re aiming for a healthier option, steamed or sautéed greens like spinach or Swiss chard can be served as a side dish, providing a healthy balance to the creamy pasta and adding more nutritional value.
- And last but not least, if you’re feeling more indulgent, creamy garlic mashed potatoes or some roasted or grilled chicken breasts or thighs can be significant additional options to satisfy those cravings.
RECIPE TIPS FOR THE BEST PIONEER WOMAN CHICKEN TETRAZZINI RECIPE :
- To create a perfect dish of fettuccine or pasta, avoid overcooking it. Remember that it will stay on the stove for another 30 minutes. Overcooking it will only result in a huge mushy mess. So, cook it until it is still slightly firm.
- Similar rules apply to cooking chicken, don’t overcook it. Keep an eye on it for the desired softness. Over-boiling adds to the toughness and ruins the texture.
- And, here’s a pro tip on making perfect pasta sauces – always add the pasta water. Trust me, creamy pasta sauces tend to become too thick when refrigerated.
- Once you’re done mixing all the ingredients, remember to check the seasoning to get that perfect taste.
How to Store Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini
Here’s how you can store Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini like a pro:
Step 1: Cool Down
Before storing, let the Chicken Tetrazzini cool down to room temperature first. This helps maintain its quality and prevents bacterial growth.
Step 2: Secure it
Time to store! Transfer the Chicken Tetrazzini to airtight containers or storage containers with tight lids. This will keep it fresh, odor-free, and your fridge crisper.
Step 3: Label and Record
It always pays to label! Put a name and date on the containers for tracking leftovers and no confusion about what’s in each container.
Step 4: Cool it
Don’t let it sit out! Put the Tetrazzini into the fridge promptly, ideally within two hours of cooking. Don’t worry; the fridge preserves its quality and safety for a few days.
Step 5: Freezing 101
Got too much of the good thing? Freeze to the rescue! Ensure your containers are freezer safe, and leave some space for expansion. For the best quality, consume frozen Chicken Tetrazzini in three months.
Step 6: Reheat and Enjoy
Craving that Chicken Tetrazzini? Thaw it in the fridge overnight if frozen; once ready, reheat it in the oven or microwave until it’s smoking hot. Also, ensure it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) for your safety.
How Long Will Chicken Tetrazzini Last in the Fridge?
Want your chicken tetrazzini to last and taste fresh? Let it cool, then refrigerate it in an airtight glass container or covered baking dish. You can keep it for 3-5 days!
How Long Can Chicken Tetrazzini Last in the Freezer?
Freeze your chicken tetrazzini; you’ll have some handy frozen squares for three months! Here’s how to do it: Cut the casserole into square portions and lay them on a lined baking sheet. Freeze them for 2-3 hours until solid; wrap them in freezer wrap or freezer bags, and label them with the date.
How Do You Defrost Chicken Tetrazzini?
Here are two methods that you can use depending on how much time you have on your hands.
- First, the Refrigerator Method is the best and safest way to defrost Chicken Tetrazzini. Transfer it from the freezer to the fridge, seal the container, and let it thaw slowly for 24 to 36 hours. Planning is critical with this method.
- If you’re in a hurry, the Cold Water Bath Method might be more your speed. Securely seal the dish in a leak-proof plastic bag, submerge it in a large bowl of cold water, and change it every 30 minutes. Your Chicken Tetrazzini should be defrosted within 2 to 3 hours.
Tip: Remember, hot or warm water is not recommended, as it can promote bacterial growth and compromise the safety of the dish. Similarly, the microwave or air fryer may unevenly thaw the dish and affect its texture.
Once your Chicken Tetrazzini is fully thawed, it can be reheated using your preferred methods, such as in the oven or microwave, until it reaches the desired serving temperature. Remember to consume it within a few days and discard any leftovers left at room temperature for over two hours to prevent foodborne illnesses.
How to Reheat Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini
Reheat Pioneer Woman’s delicious Chicken Tetrazzini with these easy methods:
- For a crispy, cheesy top, use the oven reheating method. Preheat to 350°F, transfer the desired portion to an oven-safe dish, cover it with foil, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Then, uncover the dish and increase the temperature to 400°F for the last 5 minutes.
- If you’re a microwave lover, use the microwave reheating method. Please put the desired portion in a microwave-safe dish, cover it, and heat it on medium-high for 1 to 3 minutes. Make sure to stir or rotate halfway through the heating process and check that it’s reached an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.
Tip: Remember to adjust the reheating time based on the portion size and the power of your microwave or oven.
So go ahead and enjoy your Chicken Tetrazzini reheated to perfection!
How to Reheat Chicken Tetrazzini in the Oven
Follow these steps to heat up and brown the casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cover the leftovers with aluminum foil.
- Heat the soup in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until it reaches 165 F.
- Take it out and bake it uncovered for another 5 minutes at 400 F to create a crisp, golden-brown top.
- Give it 3-5 minutes to cool.
How to Reheat Chicken Tetrazzini in the Microwave
Here’s how to reheat Chicken Tetrazzini in the microwave and enjoy it like it’s fresh from the kitchen!
- Portion Control: Start by dividing the Chicken Tetrazzini into individual serving portions. Not only does this ensure even reheating, but it’s also easier to manage.
- Microwave-Safe Bowls: Place each portion in a microwave-safe bowl or dish, ensuring the dish is suitable for microwave use and is large enough to accommodate the portion without overflowing.
- Reheating Time: Microwave the Chicken Tetrazzini on medium-high power for 1 to 3 minutes, adjusting the time per the portion size and microwave wattage.
- Stir and Rotate: Halfway through the reheating process, stir and rotate the Chicken Tetrazzini. This will help distribute the heat evenly and prevent any cold spots.
- Internal Temperature Check: Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the Chicken Tetrazzini and ensure it reaches at least 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
- Let it Stand: After reheating, let the Chicken Tetrazzini stand in the microwave for a minute or two, allowing the heat to disperse evenly throughout the dish and prevent any hot spots.
- Serve and Enjoy: Carefully remove the reheated Chicken Tetrazzini from the microwave and serve it while it’s hot. But beware, the dish may be desirable, so use oven mitts or pot holders when handling.
What to Serve With Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini
To add some zing to your meal, try these delightful pairings suggested by the Pioneer Woman:
- Fresh Salad: A crisp green salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a tangy vinaigrette can perfectly complement the creamy richness of Chicken Tetrazzini.
- Roasted Vegetables: Satisfy both your taste buds and nutritional needs by adding roasted baby potatoes, asparagus, carrots, or Brussels sprouts to your dish. The caramelized and smoky notes from burning perfectly offset the creaminess of the chicken dish.
- Garlic Bread: Warm and crusty garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment for a more indulgent meal. Use it to soak up the creamy sauce and add an extra punch of flavor.
- Steamed Vegetables: Don’t compromise on nutrition with lightly steamed vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans. They add a fresh, crunchy texture and colorful variety to the plate.
- Breadsticks or Rolls: Complete your meal with warm breadsticks or dinner rolls. The soft texture is perfect for mopping up the hearty sauce.
- Chicken Gravy: Try drizzling your Chicken Tetrazzini with creamy chicken gravy for pure decadence. You won’t be disappointed by the explosion of flavors in your mouth.
FAQs of chicken tetrazzini recipe pioneer woman
What is the difference between chicken spaghetti and chicken Tetrazzini?
Chicken spaghetti is a dish that combines cooked spaghetti pasta with shredded chicken and a creamy sauce. On the other hand, Chicken Tetrazzini is an Italian-American dish made with thin noodles, mushrooms, peas, and cream sauce combined with cooked diced chicken (or turkey). The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini recipe adds Parmesan cheese for extra flavor and is finished with buttered breadcrumbs for a crispy topping.
Who invented chicken Tetrazzini?
The dish was created and named after Italian opera singer Luisa Tetrazzini in the early 20th century. It quickly became a popular dish in the United States. The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini is an updated version of this classic recipe featuring her signature flavors.
What is chicken Tetrazzini made of?
The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini is made with thin egg noodles, shredded cooked chicken (or turkey), mushrooms, peas, Parmesan cheese, cream sauce, and buttered breadcrumbs. Additionally, she adds some spices, such as garlic powder and onion powder, for added flavor.
Can you reheat chicken Tetrazzini?
Yes, the Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini can be reheated. To do so, preheat your oven to 350°F and cover it with aluminum foil. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.
How Many Carbs Are in Chicken Tetrazzini?
The amount of carbs in the Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini depends on how many noodles and breadcrumbs you use. Generally, there are about 38g of carbohydrates per serving. Adjust the ingredients accordingly, depending on your dietary needs. The recipe also contains 12g of fat and 25g of protein per serving.
How Many Calories is in Chicken Tetrazzini?
The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Tetrazzini contains about 390 calories per serving. This can vary depending on the ingredients used and how much you use in your recipe.
Conclusion: chicken tetrazzini recipe Pioneer woman
Ree Drummond’s Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is the perfect example of how simple ingredients can come together to form a delicious and flavorful dish. It’s a great way to feed the whole family or impress dinner guests and is sure to become a favorite quickly.
If you are looking for an inexpensive, sought-after feast that won’t take too long, give this special recipe from The Pioneer Woman a go. Shop your local grocery store for all the necessary ingredients today and grab your chicken from your friendly butcher – they will be happy to help you choose quality poultry.