For those in search of a delicious and nutritious seafood dish that’s sure to impress loved ones, look no further than Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi. With plump, fresh shrimp as the star ingredient, this classic Italian-inspired dinner combines zesty garlic sauce, flavorful herbs, and crunchy panko bread crumbs for a mouth-watering meal bursting with flavor. Plus, the added convenience of baking it in a single dish means quick and easy clean-up, so you can put up your feet and savor every last bite. Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi is the perfect recipe to whip up in no time.
Why this recipe is so awesome
Ina Garten’s recipe for baked shrimp scampi is an all-time favorite among food enthusiasts, and it’s easy to see why:
- First, let’s talk flavor. Loaded with butter, garlic, lemon, and shrimp, this rich and indulgent dish is bursting with savory and tangy goodness. The luxurious touch of butter adds a velvety texture that’s hard to resist and will elevate any dining experience.
- Next up, is versatility. Whether served as a main course or appetizer, the baked shrimp scampi is a winning dish for every occasion. Impress your guests with this crowd-pleaser at your next casual get-together or formal event.
- And preparation? Ina Garten’s recipe provides clear-cut instructions that are both novice and experienced cook-friendly. With the bonus of a visual guide offered in the web story mentioned, cooking the dish is streamlined and enjoyable.
- Now on to pairing options. Served with brown rice, roasted Brussels sprouts, and a green salad, the shrimp’s delicious sauce beautifully complements the nuttiness of the rice and the freshness of the vegetables. Creating a well-balanced meal that will satisfy everyone’s cravings.
- It’s worth mentioning that while the butter content of this recipe may concern those watching their cholesterol, Ina Garten suggests saving it for special indulgences and dietary-free days. Ultimately, whether you choose to indulge in this decadent dish is a personal preference.
What is Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi?
Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi is a classic Italian-inspired seafood dish that combines plump shrimp, zesty garlic sauce, flavorful herbs, and crunchy panko bread crumbs for a mouth-watering meal bursting with flavor. Served as an appetizer or main course, this indulgent yet simple dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering. e.
Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi Nutrition Facts
- Number of Servings per container: 6
- Calories: 278.3
- Calories from Fat: 125.1
- Total Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 306.3mg
- Sodium: 344.0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugars: 0.4g
- Protein: 31.4g
This nutritious meal is packed with protein and healthy fats to help you power through your day. With only 4.7g of carbs and less than 1g of fiber. Each container provides 6 servings, making it a great choice for meal prep or a family dinner.
Ingredients You Will Need
This delicious shrimp recipe calls for only a handful of ingredients, making it a snap to prepare. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh peeled shrimp (or frozen, if you prefer)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Vinegar (or wine, if you prefer)
- Kosher salt and black pepper (or paprika or chili powder)
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh parsley, rosemary, basil, or dried Italian seasoning
- Lemon juice
- Crunchy Panko Japanese breadcrumbs
As for the seasonings, feel free to add paprika or chili powder for a spicy kick. And the lemon juice adds just the right amount of tanginess to this delectable dish.
Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi Ingredients
- 2 Ib (12 to 15 per Ib) shrimp in the shell
- 3 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- ⅔ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi Instructions
First, preheat the oven to 425 F. Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp while leaving the tails on (or opt for peeled shrimp from your local store). Next, mix the shrimp with olive oil, white vinegar, and salt plus black pepper for taste. Allow the shrimp to sit while you prepare the butter and garlic mixture.
Soften unsalted butter, then mash garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper with the butter. Then, arrange the shrimp in a single layer, cut sides down and tails curling towards the center of a 14-inch oval gratin dish. Pour the sauce over the shrimp followed by the butter mixture.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Add the final touch by placing the shrimp under the broiler for 1 minute until browned. Finally, garnish with lemon wedges and parsley to taste. Enjoy
How to Store Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi
Follow these tips to keep it fresh and scrumptious.
To prepare the shrimp ahead of time, store the panko and butter mixture and the seasoned shrimp separately before baking them. Don’t forget to place them in separate airtight containers and refrigerate for two to three days.
Once the shrimp are baked to perfection, keep in mind that they are best enjoyed fresh and can be stored in an airtight container for up to one day.
When reheating the shrimp scampi, you have two foolproof options:
- Oven Method: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the shrimp in an oven-safe dish or baking sheet and reheat for about 15 minutes until heated through.
- Microwave Method: Place the shrimp in a microwave-safe dish and cover it with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap. Heat the shrimp in the microwave for approximately three minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Pro Tip: When reheating the shrimp, be mindful not to overcook them as they may become tough and dry. Keep an eye on them and adjust the heating time as needed.
- To enhance the taste, marinate the shrimp for 10-15 minutes in the flavorful seasoning mixture.
- For an added kick, mix paprika, chili powder, or hot sauce into the panko mixture.
- Keep in mind, baked shrimp scampi should not be stored for over a day.
- If peeling shrimp is not your strong suit, or for time’s sake, opt for pre-peeled frozen shrimp.
What to Serve With Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi
If you crave a pleasing and well-rounded dish, here are some additional suggestions to complement and enhance the flavors of the shrimp scampi:
- Lemon Butter Pasta: Serve the shrimp scampi over al dente pasta for a well-soaked dish with a simple lemon butter sauce. This is a satisfying and well-rounded meal option that enhances the flavors of the scampi.
- Garlic Bread: Whip up some delicious homemade garlic bread by slathering a garlicky butter spread on a quality loaf from your favorite bakery. This crusty, warm bread is a perfect accompaniment to the succulent shrimp scampi.
- Roasted Vegetables: A colorful, healthy side of asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini will complement the scampi and bring a lovely roasted flavor to your dish.
- Caesar Salad: Create a classic Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, crunchy croutons, Parmesan cheese, and a homemade Caesar dressing. The tanginess of the dressing will be a delightful contrast to the rich scampi.
- Steamed Rice: Go for a lighter side of steamed white or brown rice for a well-balanced option that absorbs the lip-smacking sauce of the shrimp scampi.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, eggplants, and onions will bring an irresistible, smoky flavor to your dish, complementing the succulent and juicy shrimp scampi.
FAQs of ina garten baked shrimp scampi
What does Ina Garten serve with her baked shrimp scampi?
Ina Garten serves her baked shrimp scampi with a side of garlic-roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a salad.
How do you cook scampi in the oven?
To cook scampi in the oven, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add 1/2 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp along with 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the shrimp to a baking dish that has been lightly greased with oil or butter. Top with 1/4 cup of dry white wine or chicken broth and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
How does Gordon Ramsay make shrimp scampi?
Gordon Ramsay’s shrimp scampi recipe begins with garlic, lemon, and olive oil. He cooks the garlic in a large skillet and adds the shrimp along with some white wine or chicken broth. Once the shrimp is cooked through and pink in color, he adds some butter and parsley before serving. He also recommends adding a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to add a little spice. Serve with toasted and buttered bread or steamed vegetables.
What goes with shrimp scampi?
Shrimp scampi is often served with a side of steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a light salad. It can also be enjoyed as is or served over cooked pasta for a heartier meal. Toasted and buttered bread makes for an excellent accompaniment to shrimp scampi as well.
Conclusion: Ina Garten baked shrimp scampi
After reading this blog post, it’s clear that Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi is an easy and tasty dish that can prove to be very satisfying for a large variety of palates. It’s a great option for anyone looking to make something flavorful yet quick and hassle-free. Not only is this recipe versatile, but the layers of flavors also help it stand out from other dishes. If you’re in the market for all the taste and none of the effort, then Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi should be at the top of your list. With the combination of ingredients, it packs a big punch in every bite. So why not give this mouthwatering recipe a go today?