Step right up and get ready for a taste sensation unlike any other – Lucky Charms Cookies are here! You won’t need a four-leaf clover to make these easy St. Patrick’s Day cookies, just follow the recipe and get ready for a magically delicious treat. These cookies are made with my all-time favorite cookie dough base, ensuring you’ll enjoy a buttery cookie with a soft center and crisp edges. With no dough chilling required, you can have your batch of Lucky Charms cookies ready to go in just 20 minutes. So let’s get baking and add a little charm to your dessert table!
Why You’ll Love These Lucky Charms Cookies
Discover why these Lucky Charms cookies will become your new favorite treat. Requiring only 10 minutes of prep and cooking time, you’ll love the convenience of not having to chill the dough beforehand. Plus, for those that require it, simply swap in dairy-free butter for an equally delicious option. And, for families or friends looking for a fun St. Patrick’s Day activity, this recipe is an absolute must-try.
Ingredients Needed lucky charms cookies
For this recipe, you have different options at your disposal.
- You may use regular butter, or if you are dairy-free, opt for dairy-free butter or room-temperature coconut oil.
- I tested the recipe with all-purpose flour for optimal results.
- Now, to get the perfect blend of sweet flavors, you’ll need the marshmallows from a box of Lucky Charms cereal. Some shops sell entire bags of these Lucky Charms marshmallows!
- For this cookie base, white sugar and light brown sugar are the way to go to achieve a chocolate-chip-cookie-like sweetness.
Equipment lucky charms cookies
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Kitchen Aid stand mixer
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0.04g
- Vitamin A: 386IU
- Vitamin C: 0.5mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- Iron: 2mg
Step By Step Instructions lucky charms cookies
Below is the step-by-step guide to creating mouthwatering Lucky Charms cookies that’ll disappear before your eyes.
- To start, preheat your oven to 350°Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, using a stand mixer or a handheld mixer in a large bowl, cream together the butter with granulated sugar and light brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- After that, add in the egg and vanilla extract, and mix well. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well-incorporated.
- In the third step, stir the dry ingredients into the mixture until a dough begins to form, then add in the Lucky Charms marshmallows and mix.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, portion out 1 ½ tablespoons of dough and place each cookie on the baking sheet about 3-4 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8-11 minutes, then let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of this page for full ingredient measurements and instructions.
Begin by spooning and leveling your flour, rather than scooping, to ensure consistent results. Properly measured ingredients will produce the best cookies!
Secondly, take care with your butter. It should be just soft enough to leave a slight imprint, but not so soft that it appears shiny or collapses easily. As your butter goes, so goes your baked goods!
Don’t chill your Lucky Charm Cookie dough for too long. Excessive chilling will affect the marshmallows, resulting in a subpar cookie experience. One hour or less is ideal.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
- For cookies with marshmallows, loosely cover them instead of using a sealed container to help maintain crunch and chewiness. Avoid refrigerating cookie dough or baking cookies with marshmallows to maintain their texture and appearance.
- Baked cookies without marshmallows can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to six days. This will help to preserve the cookies’ texture and flavor.
- To extend the shelf life of your Lucky Charm cookies, store baked cookies in a tightly sealed bag and place them in the freezer. Cookies can be frozen for up to two months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply thaw them at room temperature, and voila!
Remember to follow these essential guidelines to ensure that your Lucky Charm cookies stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible.
- Rather than using green dye, we left the sugar cookie dough au naturel to make the colorful marshmallows from the cereal stand out even more. For added festivity, mix in a few drops of green food coloring before folding in the marshmallows.
- Elevate the elegance of your festive cookies by adding white chocolate chips to the dough and dipping half the cookie in a green melting chocolate before allowing them to harden on wax paper. Or, go the extra mile by turning them into ice cream sandwiches using mint ice cream.
FAQs of lucky charms cookies
Why are Lucky Charms so good?
Lucky Charms are beloved for their crunchy texture and decadent flavor. The marshmallows are sweet but not overwhelmingly sugary, while the cereal pieces offer a delicious crunch. Plus, the fun shapes make them even more enjoyable to eat!
What is a lucky charm?
A lucky charm is an object or talisman believed to bestow good luck upon its owner. Lucky charms typically consist of symbols and objects that are thought to bring luck and fortune. The most popular lucky charm is the four-leaf clover, but others include rabbits’ feet, horseshoes, and coins.
Who makes Lucky Charms?
Lucky Charms are produced by the General Mills cereal company. They have been around since 1964, making them one of the most beloved breakfast cereals in the world!
What is Lucky Charms’ food?
Lucky Charms food is a combination of cereal pieces and marshmallow shapes. The cereal pieces are crunchy oat-based squares, while the marshmallows come in five different shapes: hearts, stars, moons, horseshoes, and clovers.
Can I add chocolate chips to these cookies?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips to your lucky charms cookies. This will give them an extra richness and depth of flavor that is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them!
Can I use the Lucky Charm cereal or just the marshmallows?
You can use both the cereal pieces and marshmallows in your lucky charms cookies. The crunchy texture of the cereal pieces contrasts nicely with the smooth texture of the marshmallows, making them a delicious combination!
Why aren’t my cookies soft?
If your cookies aren’t turning out as soft as you would like, there could be a few different reasons. Make sure you’re using the correct amount of butter and sugar, that your baking times are accurate, and that you’re not over-mixing the dough.
DO I USE THE LUCKY CHARMS CEREAL, TOO?
Yes! You can use both the marshmallows and cereal pieces in your lucky charms cookies. The crunchy texture of the cereal complements the smoothness of the marshmallow nicely, creating a delicious sweet treat!
Did you buy the Lucky Charms Marshmallow pieces or pick them out of the cereal?
You can buy the Lucky Charms marshmallow pieces separately, but you can also pick them out of the cereal. This is a great way to get just the marshmallows and leave out any undesired cereal pieces.
Can I use a normal white marshmallow?
Yes, you can use a normal white marshmallow instead of the Lucky Charms marshmallows. While they may not have the same flavor or texture, they will still work in your recipe and give your cookies a delicious sweetness!
Conclusion: lucky charms cookies
In conclusion, Lucky Charms cookies are the ultimate treat for any occasion. They will surely make your guests smile and put a sparkle in their eyes. Not only do they taste amazing and look festive, but they also fill the air with the delicious aroma of cinnamon. Whether you’re celebrating an upcoming holiday or just want something special for friends and family, these cookies are sure to be a hit. Plus, this is an easy recipe that anyone can enjoy making and serving at home. If you’re looking for an irresistible snack or special treat, consider giving Lucky Charm Cookies a try.