If you’re in search of a satisfying and flavorful dinner that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes, look no further than the Pioneer Woman’s delicious Sloppy Joes. This classic dish combines pantry staples such as ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce with affordable ground beef to create a saucy mixture that’s perfect for sandwiching between Kaiser rolls. The recipe also includes onion, green bell pepper, and other seasonings, resulting in a sweet, tangy, and savory flavor profile that everyone in your family will love. Impress your loved ones tonight with this Pioneer Woman Sloppy joes recipe straight from the kitchen of one of the most renowned chefs in the food industry.
Pioneer Woman Sloppy Joes
Satisfy your hunger in just 30 minutes with this easy-to-make Pioneer Woman Sloppy Joe’s recipe. Featuring a hearty combination of ground beef, onion, green pepper, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and savory seasonings, it’s a simple yet scrumptious meal that will leave you feeling satisfied. Simply cook the beef until it’s browned, then add in your chopped vegetables, sauces, and spices to heat through. Once done, you’ll have a delectable dinner that’s sure to become a household favorite.
What Do Sloppy Joes Taste Like?
The name might not suggest anything appetizing, but don’t let that stop you from trying this delicious recipe. Normally, they’re a blend of sweet and spicy flavors. Brown sugar and ketchup bring the sweetness, while savory ingredients like Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce offer some heat.
Pioneer Woman Sloppy Joes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 ½ lb ground beef
- ½ whole large onion, diced
- 1 whole large green bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Kaiser rolls
- Butter for rolls
- To begin, melt butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once melted, add ground beef and break it apart with a spatula as it browns. When ready, drain the excess fat and dispose of it.
- Next, sauté the green peppers, onions, and garlic in the skillet until they soften. Add in ketchup, water, brown sugar, chili pepper, dry mustard, and red pepper flakes, all of which combine to create a deliciously tangy taste.
- Combine everything and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes to let the flavors develop. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and Tabasco sauce, stirring to incorporate completely.
For the finishing touch, toast up some rolls in a skillet or on a griddle with a slather of butter and fill them with the prepared meat mixture. A slice of cheese is an optional addition to the top. Don’t forget to grab a bag of kettle-cooked chips to add a satisfying crunch!
Enjoy every savory bite!
Below is the nutrition information for 4 servings of this dish.
- Calories: 1037
- Total Fat: 59g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 27g
- Cholesterol: 275mg
- Sodium: 1417mg
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 28g
- Protein: 80g
Knowing the nutritional breakdown of your meals is essential for achieving your health goals. The dish contains 1037 calories, 59g of total fat, and 80g of protein. It’s important to note that the meal does contain 28g of sugar, so be mindful of your daily intake.
How Long Can You Keep Sloppy Joes in the Refrigerator?
For best results, use up your leftovers within 3-4 days. Be sure to store the Sloppy Joes in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. If you want to freeze them, they can be kept for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, just heat them in a skillet or microwave until warm throughout.
How Long Can You Freeze Sloppy Joes?
Sloppy Joe filling can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to let it cool before transferring it to an airtight freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to eat, just thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Thawing Frozen Sloppy Joes
You’re probably asking yourself, “What’s the best way to thaw frozen sloppy joe sauce or assembled sandwiches?” there are two methods:
- thawing in the refrigerator: Simply transfer the container or freezer bag with the frozen sloppy joes to the fridge and wait about 24 hours. Slow and steady wins the race with this method and will preserve the quality of the sloppy joes.
- The warm water method: Just make sure the sloppy joe sauce or sandwiches are securely sealed in a leak-proof bag to prevent water from seeping in. Place the bag in a bowl or basin of warm water, making sure the temperature remains below 40°C (104°F). They should thaw in roughly 2 to 3 hours, but make sure to handle the thawed sloppy joes promptly to prevent bacterial growth.
Note: It’s important to note, that microwaving or oven-thawing is not recommended. It can be risky and lead to uneven thawing and unsafe food handling practices.
How To Reheat Sloppy Joes Sandwiches
Let’s dive into some easy reheat options.
- In the Oven: Just pop the sauce in an oven-safe bowl and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 F (the first 10 minutes covered and the remaining time uncovered) until it reaches 165 F. If you’re in a pinch, the microwave or air fryer will do the trick, but make sure to let the sauce thaw first if it’s frozen. To reheat in the oven, preheat to 350 F. Cover the sauce with aluminum foil and heat it for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue heating for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until it reaches 165 F.
- In the Microwave: For microwave reheating, simply heat the sauce uncovered for 2 minutes.
- In the Air Fryer: If you want to step up your sandwich game, the air fryer is the way to go. Spray a little cooking oil on the sandwiches and air fryer basket. Reheat the sloppy joes at 350 F for 7 to 10 minutes, adding an extra 2 to 3 minutes for extra crispiness.
What Side Dishes Goes Well With Sloppy Joes?
Below are some side dishes that would pair perfectly with sloppy joes:
- French fries or sweet potato fries
- Baked beans
- Garden salad or Caesar salad
- Corn on the cob
- Macaroni and cheese
- Steamed or roasted veggies like broccoli, carrots, or green beans
- Potato salad
- Pickles or pickle spears
- Cornbread or corn muffins
- Onion rings
- Tater tots
- Roasted potato wedges
- Veggie skewers or grilled veggies
These scrumptious sides complement the flavors of sloppy joes and provide an assortment of textures and tastes to elevate your dining experience. You can mix and match depending on your personal preferences and dietary needs.
FAQs of pioneer woman sloppy joes
How Many Sloppy Joes Can You Get From A Pound Of Meat?
A pound of ground beef yields about four Sloppy Joes. Depending on the size of your buns and how generous you are with the filling, you may get more or fewer than that out of a single pound of meat.
How Many Pounds of Sloppy Joes Do I Need for 30 People?
If you are serving Sloppy Joes at a party with 30 people, you should plan to make about 10 pounds of Sloppy Joes. This will give you enough servings for your guests and also some extra in case anyone wants seconds.
How Much Meat Do I Need for 50 Sloppy Joes?
To make 50 Sloppy Joes, you will need about 12.5 pounds of ground beef. Depending on the size of your buns and how generous you are with the filling, you may need a bit more than that for a total of 50 servings.
What is the Serving Size of Sloppy Joes?
The serving size of a Sloppy Joe is one sandwich. Each sandwich typically contains about 3-4 ounces of filling, so it should be enough to satisfy the hunger of one person.
Conclusion: pioneer woman sloppy joes
In conclusion, Pioneer Woman Sloppy Joes provides an easy-to-follow recipe for a quick, delicious dinner that the whole family will love.
- With just the right mix of spices, sauces, and vegetables, this meal is sure to become a favorite go-to meal.
- There’s something about a creamy campfire meal to bring everyone around the table for dinner that can’t be beaten.
- Plus, with the option to substitute ingredients for personal preferences and dietary restrictions.
Now is the perfect time to be your own pioneer woman by whipping up a tray of Sloppy Joes and enjoying a cozy evening with your family.